This was the limited edition model and honestly, at this time neither me nor hubby were stroller savvy. We didn't have any knowledge regarding strollers but the only thing that I clearly recall was that I wanted a stroller that can reverse seat in order to see my baby at all times.. And we also needed a small and slim when folded stroller because at that time Kelisa was our car (slightly bigger in size comparison with the Mr. Bean Mini Cooper). It was indeed difficult in locating that kind of stroller because usually reverse seat strollers are mostly bulky in size.
It was December 2004 (yeah, way years ago, so forgive me for blogging backwards! bwahahha) and we noticed that almost everywhere, we saw Combi stroller brand. So we head on to this store called Toy City, located in 1utama shopping complex. No wonder we saw plenty of Combi strollers here because this store is actually one of the Combi distributors in Malaysia.
I told the store assistant what features that I was looking for and he pointed me to this one stroller up high on the shelf. They put it there because it was a limited edition and the one and only unit brought into the store!
So, yeah, that's the story!.
Our 1st stroller was purchased at RM1299.
- Made of lightweight frame and is about 6kg plus.
- Seat can be reverse and front forward
- 3 reclining position.
- Extendible leg support.
- Large canopy providing full coverage on the stroller, with 2 peek-a-boo window.
- Removable bumper bar
- Removable underseat basket
- Lockable swivel front wheels with soft suspension
- Individual breaks on back wheels
- Mesh fabric for cooling ventilation
- 3-point harness from the waist level
- Carry strap to sling over shoulder when hand-carry during travelling
- Easy to change the seat to rear and front facing by just a flick reverse of the handle!
- Thick and comfy padded seat
- High seat backrest and extendible leg rest to lengthen the seat
- Fold flat and slim
- Super large hood, excellent to cover my baby from those paparazzi taking pictures.. bwahahhaa.. check out the canopy coverage picture below.. uber cozy!!
- Larger and easier to access underseat storage basket.. take my word for it, this stroller's basket was just pure nuisance to put stuffs in and get it out! It's what I hated most regarding this stroller.
- Harness strap from the shoulder level! I wasn't aware of the severity and importance of harness' features, until I discovered it in the S&P forum. I thought all strollers have this type of harness, oh I was sooo wrong! Strollers manufactured in United States and Europe all implementing either 5-point harness or 3-point harness from behind the shoulder strap, and it has now become international safety standard requirements for strollers.. and yes, Combi has improved all their strollers since year 2006.
Hmm.. on second thought, actually, thanks to all these flaws, that I got curious in learning about other types and designs and brands of strollers and thus began my journey in becoming a stroller-addict! bwahahahaha