Today my grandma, TokNah made this special tea dish which we called it as "kampung croissant"
My nenek called it something else which if mentioned here, I might get banned. Haha
It's very difficult to get the recipe from her because she just threw this and that and wallaaah, done!
But with the help of 4 of my aunties, I managed to get this recipe:
3 cups of flour
2 tsp of mauripan
1 cup of water
2 tbsp of sugar
2 tbsp of planta (margerine/ butter)
1. Mix the mauripan with water
2. Next, mix the sugar
3. Then add in flour
4. Kneed the dough (add water using spoon to firm the dough if needed)
5. Add in planta
6. Kneed some more
7. Set aside for 10 minutes for the dough to kembang (rise)
8. Made a circle and cut in half like pacman shape
9. Fried and best serve hot!
Grandma said this mix can be used to make
1. Kampung croissant
2. Baked at 170degrees for 25 minutes for roti bakar
3. Steamed for 25 minutes for roti kukus
4. Fried and cut half to make mini sambal burgers
6. Rolled onto hotdogs before fried or baked and you'll get those hotel pastries!
Aish loved it.
Can't wait to give it a try soon.
Maybe I'll add in the hotdogs.. Yummss