Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It's not my cup of tea

Just finished watching 500 Days of Summer.


It is described as a romantic-drama-comedy film, which sorry to say but I don't feel it has enough comedy to label it as such, directed by Marc Webb and stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel.

I'm ok with the non-linear flow, mixture of past and future shots overlapping each other.
I'm ok with the fact that the actress looks like Katy Perry.
I'm ok with the narrative story board concept.
I'm ok with the just talk no action movie.

But I'm seriously NOT ok with the ending!
To summarise; boy meets girl, boy falls in love, girl doesn't but they formed a relationship anyways for more than 400 days, and then girl went off to marry some stranger who instantly proposed to her just because she felt it was her destiny?
WTH is that?
Yeah, I know, I googled and read the critics which said that this film was great and yadda yadda yadda..
But seriously, it is just not my cup of tea.


(pics googled from the net)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails